You are using an outdated
browser. Please upgrade your browser
to improve your experience and security.
- Question: Which of these countries has the highest national capital?
- Answer: La Paz, Bolivia, which lies between 3,250 and 4,100 meters above sea level, is the world’s highest national capital.
- Question: What is the national capital of Moldova?
- Answer: Located in the south-central part of the country, Chi?in?u is the capital city of Moldova.
- Question: Name the architect who designed Australia’s national capital, Canberra.
- Answer: A worldwide competition was launched in 1911 to find a design for a new Australian national capital. The winning design was submitted by American architect Walter Burley Griffin.
- Question: Which of these large cities is NOT a national capital?
- Answer: While Zurich (pop. about 380,000) is the largest city in Switzerland, Bern (pop. about 140,000) is the country’s national capital.
- Question: Which country’s national capital lies on the Spree River?
- Answer: Berlin, national capital of Germany, lies in the wide glacial valley of the Spree River, which runs through the center of the city.
- Question: Manama is the national capital of which of these countries?
- Answer: Manama is the national capital and largest city in the state and emirate of Bahrain.
- Question: What is the provincial capital of Nova Scotia, Canada?
- Answer: The provincial capital of Nova Scotia is Halifax.
- Question: What is the state capital of Delaware, U.S.A.?
- Answer: Dover, named after the English city, is the state capital of Delaware.
- Question: Which of these national capitals is in Africa?
- Answer: Dakar, one of the chief seaports on the western African coast, is the national capital of Senegal.
- Question: Which of these national capitals was previously known as Batavia?
- Answer: Jakarta, national capital of Indonesia, was known as Batavia until 1949.
- Question: In which year were the Olympic Games held in the national capital of Mexico?
- Answer: In October 1968 the summer Olympic Games were held in Mexico City.
- Question: What is the nickname of Adelaide, state capital of South Australia?
- Answer: Adelaide is known as the City of Churches because of the large number and variety of religious denominations it had during its early days.
Your preference has been recorded
Grab a copy of our NEW encyclopedia for Kids!